MORE INFORMATION ON THE COOKIES
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
A cookie is an inoffensive text file that gets stored in your browser when you visit almost any website. The utility of the cookie is that the website would be able to remember your visit once you come back. Despite that many people do not know, the cookies have been used for 20 years, since the first browsers for the World Wide Web appeared.
WHAT IS NOT A COOKIE?
It is not a virus, not a Trojan, not a spam, not a spyware, and do not open pop-up windows.
WHICH KIND OF INFORMATION do COOKIES STORE?
The cookies do not use to store sensitive information about you, such as credit card or payment details, photos, your ID card or personal information… The information stored have technical character, personal choices, contents personalization…
WHICH KIND OF COOKIES EXIST?
- Technical Cookies: They are the most elemental ones and permit, among others, to know if a human is browsing or if an automated application is browsing, or when an anonymous user or a registered one are browsing, basic tasks for the functioning of any dynamic website.
- Analysis Cookies: Collect information on the type of browser that you are doing, the sections you use the most, the products consulted, time-slot, languages…
- Advertising Cookies: Show publicity according to your browsing, your country of origin, language… etc.
WhAT ARE OWN cookies AND THIRD PARTy cookies?
The own cookies are the ones generated by the page you are visiting at this time and third party cookies generated by services or external suppliers such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc.
WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF YOU DEACTIVATE THE COOKIES?
In order to understand the extent of deactivating cookies, we will show a few examples:
- You will not be able to share content of that webs site in: Facebook, Twitter o any other social media.
- The website will not be able to adapt the contents according to your personal choices, as it happens in online shops.
- You will not have access to your personal area of this website such as, for example: My account, o My profile or my orders.
- Online shops: it would be impossible to shop online, you will have to do it by phone or go to the physical shop if the company has one.
- It will not be possible to personalize your geographical choices, time-slot, currency or language.
- The website will not be able to do web analytics on visitors and traffic in the website site, which will make a website not competitive.
- You will not be able to write on the blog, you will not be able to upload photos, publish any comments, evaluate or rate any contents. The website will not be able to know either if you are human or if you are an automated application that publishes spam.
- Sectorized advertising will not be shown, which will reduce the advertising revenue of the website.
CAN WE DELETE COOKIES?
Yes. Not only delete, you can also block them, generally or on a particularly for a specific domain.
In order to delete cookies from a website, you should go to the configuration of your browser and there you can search the cookies associated with the corresponding domain, and you could proceed to their removal.